Election Results are in! The ballot to Amend and Restate the Articles of Incorporation and the Bylaws passed with a count of 170 For and 9 Against votes. Thank you for your participation. We are excited to be able to enact the proper steps and abide by the rules governing Homeowners Associations in Colorado.
Mark Trautman will be joining the Board of Directors starting in September. Mark will be replacing Dano Marshall as he explores Panama these next two years. Mark will be officially sworn in on September 10th at the Monthly Meeting of the Board of Directors.
Be Bear Aware!
The bears are getting ready for hibernation so they are active up to 20 hours a day and are consuming large quantities of calories to store up the fat reserves they will need for the winter. Some of the things we need to do as a community is:
- Don’t feed bears, and don’t put food out for other wildlife that attracts bears. Don’t feed pets outside.
- Be responsible about trash and bird feeders (including hummingbird feeders). Garbage and bird feeders are the top two attractants for bears. Store all trash in a secure location such as a garage or bear proof trash container. Do not put any kind of bird feeders out at all during this time of year.
- Burn food off barbeque grills and clean after each use
- Keep all bear-accessible windows and doors closed and locked, including home, garage, and vehicle doors. Remember black bears are very good climbers and second story decks are no problem for them to scale.
- Don’t leave food, trash, coolers, air fresheners, or any that smells in your vehicle.
It takes the entire community working together to keep bears wild. Talk to your neighbors about doing their part to be bear-responsible.
If you see a bear, do your best to make it feel unwelcome and chase it away. Make loud noises, yell, blow a whistle, bang pots & pans, set off your car’s panic alarm, etc. Never approach or corner a bear.
Movie in the Park. Back to the Future will be aired in Red Mountain Park next to Sunset Hall on September 12 at dusk. Come join us for an fun outdoor event for the whole family. Bring something warm to lay on, eat and wear!
Design Review Meetings are now on the second to last Thursday of every month at 6 pm. We have streamlined the process to make it easier and faster to get approval!
Remember: All construction, constuction changes and major landscaping/dirt work to your property needs DRC approval prior to start. Stop by or call the office with any questions or to pick up a builders packet.